Saturday, November 22, 2014

One Kimono, Two Scarves

I never feel the necessity to spend loads of money on my wardrobe because I employ my 'mix-n-match' skills to my outfits. So by putting together pieces I have from my closet, I usually find myself decent outfits for my days out. In this post, you will see that I have on the same outfit but matched with two different maxi hijabs on two different occasions. And they both look pretty ok...well, to me at least. The advantage of being one who wears the headscarf is that I get to change just my headscarf to turn my whole outfit into a whole new look. That makes it easy on my pocket! I wonder if any of you out there can relate to this?

Those of you who follow me on my Instagram would probably have seen me in this Kimono top before. That's ok 'cos I don't deliberately go on a shopping spree just to post pictures in my blog. What you see now and probably will be seeing in my upcoming posts will most definitely be me donning on existing pieces I have had for a long time in my closet. I love the idea of leveraging on what one has. 'Mix-n-Match', that's my motto! And I say it again...it goes easy on my pocket! Hahahaha!

So I leave you with the following pictures of an uber simple outfit I threw together with a Kimono top, a loose blouse and a pair of tapered jeans. The first few spot me in a rich green headscarf and the other cluster of photos, in a rich purple headscarf. I usually go easy on the scarves and settle for block colours so that they don't 'kill' my outfit...if you get what I mean. 

Enjoy!

XOXO

My Outfit

Floral Kimono Top: ASOS

Grey Capped-Sleeves Loose Blouse: Zara Women

Tapered Loose Fit Jeans: Lucky Jeans (only available in the USA)

Black Loafers: H&M

Cross Body Sling Bag: Longchamp

























The One With The Other Head Scarf and The Adorable Toddler in Orange


Lil' Muhammad's Outfit

Tee: GAP

Comfy Stretch Shorts: Uniqlo Kids

Helmet: HEAD

































Photography credits to my husband, Mokhsin Moehtar.



No comments:

Post a Comment